40K ETB; COLLECT; BUILD; PAINT
Everything you need to get started in the Mortal Realms of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, this magazine is the perfect buy for the absolute beginner who would like to dip their toes in the hobby of collecting, building, painting and playing with figurines Citadel. It explains in easy-to-follow terms how to get started, and even comes with a free Stormcast Eternals Knight-Incantor thumbnail (and rules for using it)!
Content in the 104-page magazine:
- An introduction to the era of Sigmar, a period of powerful battles and endless war;
- A guide to the armies that you can collect and play with in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, showing you their motivations and presenting their stories;
- Advice on collecting Citadel miniatures - while you can simply pick up all of them that catch your attention, for many the hobby involves specific armies or types of miniatures. This guide includes three examples of inspirational collections (Stormcast Eternals, Nighthaunt and Nurgle), along with another showcase of beautifully painted miniatures from a variety of armies;
- A preview of the Warhammer Age of Sigmar table game, where armies clash in the middle of fantastic battlefields and where generals use all the tactics at their disposal to achieve victory. This describes the 3 main ways to play - Open, Narrative and Matched Play games;
- A detailed battle report - watch the heroic Stormcast Eternals take on the Nighthaunt in tense combat to the end - you will get tips on how to play;
- Descriptions of the 8 mortal realms, wonderful and magical planes of reality. Includes an informative map and details of the main cities and bastions;
- An introduction to painting Citadel figurines using the Citadel painting system, with a painting guide, brushes and step-by-step instructions showing how to paint a variety of models - including your free Knight-Incantor!
Complete Warhammer Age of Sigmar ground rules are included - 16 pages of easy-to-follow tips:
- An overview of the elements necessary for playing, how to configure and choose your general, and the basics of measuring distances between models;
- A walkthrough of the sequence of turns - casting spells, using abilities, movements, shots, charges, battles and battle shock tests are covered concisely and easy to follow;
- Use of triumphs - these are awards given to your army after a major victory;
- Rules covering the use of terrain and landscapes in your battles, showing how battles can be radically different in nature depending on the environment;
- A guide to battle plans - their configuration, the rules they use and the victory conditions they place on your games;
- An explanation of the Warscrolls and their use - these contain the rules for your figurines - and the Warscroll Battalions, special formations of certain figurines which confer rewards and additional abilities;
- Rules of the battle kingdom - special conditions placed on the battlefield according to the mortal kingdom in which the battle is fought, which introduces a thematic element into the games;
- Allegiance Abilities - these allow your army to use additional abilities and spells, depending on its great alliance, faction and allies.